Wednesday, June 27, 2012

SharePoint 2010 - Workflow Woes

Solution
Disabled all workflow-related Features in the site collection.
Run the Products and Technologies Wizard.
Re-enable all workflow-related Features in the site collection.
Fixed...

Problem
Workflows are showing "Failed on Start" message.

Details:
  • SharePoint Server 2010 Enterprise.  
  • All Site Collections are within the same Web Application (HTTPS, Claims-enabled).
  • Only one Site Collection is affected, and all sub-sites within that collection are affected.
  • All workflows are "out of the box" (not created with SharePoint Designer 2010). 
  • The Workflow History List shows that on Friday, workflows were OK.  On Monday, they failed.
  • No updates/configuration changes were made that Friday - Monday period, and no power/network outages were reported.

Troubleshooting:
I have created 6 document libraries, one for each of the workflow types within this site collection.  Three of them fail, three of them completed successfully.  I am not certain as to the cause (yet), but I'm working on it.  Searching online has not provided any results yet.  In one case, a post said to turn on Content Approval in Site Collection Features if the Approval workflow was used to control content approval...which I did (after deleting the list and workflow and starting "from scratch").

The error says that it was cancelled by the System Account, which isn't supposed to be handling workflows and event receivers, according to TechNet.  I've no idea how to change this functionality, or even where to change it...all other workflows are fine in this site collection, except for these three!



My Docs (Disposition Workflow):  Completed
My Docs (Three-State Workflow):  Completed
My Docs (Signatures Workflow):  Failed on Start
My Docs (Feedback Workflow):  Failed on Start
My Docs (Approval Workflow):  Failed on Start
My Docs (Publishing Approval Workflow): Completed








The Document Library shows this:


The Workflow History List shows this:

Workflow History List Item Details:

No comments:

Post a Comment